Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kindness

(Short story)

National Geographic Channel. I watched with bated breath as the leopards chased the poor deer. I sat straight on the couch, my mouth half open, my hand that was feeding the mouth with junk food frozen a few inches away from my face. I hoped against hope that the hapless creature will somehow escape the claws of death. The  leopards  were closing in....I closed my eyes...I was sure that the they will go hard at the deer's neck in no time. Only God could have saved him...and they did! I opened my eyes anxious to see the fate of the deer and saw him galloping to safety and the leopards giving up the chase. Although the leopards looked tired and hungry and defeated, I had a sigh of relief. I reclined to the back of the couch, my hand and mouth were unfrozen and I again started eating the delicious deep-fried chicken wings.   

2 comments:

  1. the chase is not that much interesting...but eating the delicious deep-fried chicken wings....mmmh...mhhhh (KFC????)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I wanted to talk about was the double standards inherent in hoping on the one hand that God will deny the leopard, a carnivorous animal its daily food; and munching on fried chicken on the other.

    And yes, lets assume it to be KFC, I like it :)

    ReplyDelete